Taste of Italy
This box is all about enjoying amazing Italian specialties. Even the most ardent foodie will be impressed with these amazing treats. A wonderful olive wood cheese grater, olive wood pasta spoon, along with your choice of pesto from Genoa or a Michelin star restaurant's bolognese sauce. We've included Spaghetti for the bolognese and Trofie for the pesto sauce. Add a tin of Basil olive oil imported from Puliga and a truffle salt from Savigno Italy. This a great way to send a taste of Italy to someone special.
The Medium Gift Box: Lenght 12" x Width 10" x Height 7"
Tartufi Truffle Salt 5% | Selezione - From the heart of Bologna's hills in Savigno, Italy Appennino Funghe e Tartufi has now become one of the leading suppliers of truffle products out of Italy. They are consciousness stewards, selecting and processing the best raw materials with love and respect for the land. Use this redolent salt sparingly to finish steaks, french fries, risotto, eggs, avocado toast, mac and cheese, popcorn and more to impart that distinctive richness that only truffles offer! 3.5 oz
Parmesan Grater - Our parmesan grater is made of dense olive wood. The grater is stainless steel. 5.90" x 3.35"
- For best results - Do not use strong detergents.
- Hand-wash and rinse in warm water and dry in a vertical position. Do not soak!
- Prevent the wood from drying out by applying a little vegetable oil to the wood.
- Do not put it in the dishwasher.
Trofie | Rustichella d'Abruzzo - Imported from Italy, this traditional Ligurian pasta is traditionally served with pesto, but delicious with any of the sauce choices. 8.8 oz. Trofie is included with the pesto sauce and spaghetti is included with the bolognese sauce.
Choose from one of two amazing sauces -
- Anfosso Pesto Con Basilico Genovese DOP - This traditional style Genovese pesto is made in Liguria Italy with PDO basil, pine nuts and extra virgin olive oil. Wonderful on roasted meats, poultry or fish. Toss with pasta and a touch of heavy cream for an amazing pesto pasta. Use it as a condiment drizzled over a Caprese salad or panini. 6.35 oz
- Classic Bolognese Sauce - By Alberto Bettini of the Michelin starred restaurant Amerigo in Savigno Italy. Made with local ingredients and slow-simmered as tradition requires. Made with Apulian tomatoes, herbs, and spices. Serve Italian style, with just enough sauce to lightly coat a half-pound of pasta. This is one of the tastiest sauces we've ever tasted. And we've tasted a few! 7.05 oz
Basil Infused Olive Oil | Galantino - From southern Apulia, the heel of the boot on a map of Italy, this aromatic olive oil is made by crushing the basil with the olives to create a pungent and herbaceous cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil. Use it to make salad dressings, pasta sauces, or anywhere extra virgin olive oil is used. Great to dip bread in, too. 4.5 fl oz
The Spoon - This hand-crafted olive wood spoon was designed in Italy and made in Tunisia. All spoons vary in color and measurement. Guaranteed to class up your stovetop for years to come. One is included.
Paula’s Italian grandmother always stirred the sauce with a giant wooden spoon. We recommend the same approach.
When you shop with us you're helping us plant a forest. By purchasing this gift box - you are planting a tree.
Taste of Italy